Halton Housing Trust are proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident employer.
There are nearly 11.5 million working age people in Great Britain with a disability or health condition and Halton Housing Trust shares the government’s vision of empowering disabled people to realise their aspirations and fulfil their potential, and the recent award as a Disability Confident employer acknowledges our commitment in this area.
By becoming a Disability Confident employer, the Trust benefits by:
- enabling us to draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- enabling us to secure high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- saving time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover
- helping us keep valuable skills and experience
- reducing the levels and costs of sickness absences
- improving employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that we treat all employees fairly.
In continuing our Disability Confident journey, we will find and retain the best people while ensuring that we remove barriers to disabled people and those with long term health conditions in employment.