Frequently Asked Questions - Your money

How can I pay my rent?

You can pay your rent using our app, our online customer portal, by calling our automated rent lines on 0303 3330101 or with your Pay Point card at any shop that shows the Pay Point sign, at any of the Halton Direct Links.

When are the rent free weeks?

If entitled, there are four non-charging weeks throughout the year which are the last week of the financial year, the first week of the new financial year, plus one week at Christmas and another in the New Year.

Please note that you are not entitled to rent free weeks if your rent account is in arrears – you must continue to pay your agreed amount.

How do I register to pay my rent online?

To register to make online payments you will need to log on to our customer portal:

To pay you will need to use the 16 digit number printed across your Pay Point card.

How do I order a payment card?

Please contact a member of our Customer Service Team via our web chat service.

Where do I get the customer app?

The mobile phone application can be downloaded from the App Store on your smart phone. You can find this by searching for Halton Housing Trust and the app is free to download. You can report repairs and anti-social behaviour, pay your rent and much more via the app.

My sink is blocked

Have you tried using a sink or drain unblocking fluid to clear the blockage?

Have you tried plunging the plug hole?

Have you checked the plug hole for any hair/food that could be blocking the water from draining away?

If you answer yes to all of these questions, please contact the Customer Service Team and report a repair.

All my electric has gone off

Have you check your fuse box to establish whether your electrics have tripped?

Have you unplugged all your appliances and introduced them one by one to see if your appliance is at fault?

Are you on a prepaid meter? If so, do you have credit available?

If you answer yes to all of these questions please contact our Customer Service Team to book a repair.

Am I entitled to decorating vouchers following a repair?

Decorating vouchers are not issued following a repair.

How long am I expected to wait for a non-urgent repair?

Your appointment will be within 15 working days from the day that you reported the repair.

Which repairs is the Trust responsible for in my home?

  • Foundations
  • External walls to properties
  • External doors and door frames
  • Window frames
  • Roofs
  • Gutters and rainwater pipes
  • Drainage
  • Water services
  • Electrical fittings
  • Gas services
  • Central heating and hot water systems
  • Internal doors (on the basis of fair wear and tear)
  • Communal areas (e.g. lifts, stairs and decoration) in multi-occupied buildings
  • External decoration (as part of planned maintenance)

Which repairs am I responsible for in my home?

  • The repair or replacement of anything that is installed or fitted
  • The internal decoration of your home
  • The upkeep of private garden areas repairs and maintenance
  • The replacement of light bulbs and fluorescent tubes
  • The replacement of lost keys or changing locks
  • Repairs to broken windows (unless a crime has been reported)
  • Re-setting of trip switches
  • Adjusting doors following new flooring being fitted
  • Replacement of toilet seats
  • Fitting of washing machines/tumble dryers or dishwashers
  • Fitting of cookers by a registered Gas Safe engineer
  • Any items accepted under a signed disclaimer at the start of tenancy

How do I make a complaint?

There are many ways to report your feedback. Full details of our complaints procedure is available on our website

How do I report Anti-Social Behaviour?

This can be reported via our website, web chat, mobile app, e-mail, in person and via telephone.

I have been a victim of crime and my property is damaged – what do I do?

Firstly, you will need to report this to your local police station by calling 101. They will issue you with a Crime Reference Number. Once you have the number please contact our Customer Services Team to arrange a repair.

How do I give notice on my property?

Notice to terminate your tenancy can be given by email, letter, via our website, in person at one of our offices or by telephone.

You will are legally required to give four weeks’ notice unless you are transferring through Property Pool Plus or in the event of a death when two weeks will be required.

Why has my Property Pool Plus account not been made active?

Have you provided all the required proofs? If not, please take them either to one of our offices, email them to or via post for the attention of the Housing Options Team. Please note that it takes at least two weeks for your proofs to be processed and contacting the Trust before this time will not shorten this process.

What proofs do I need to activate my Property Pool account?

Please refer to the frequently asked questions on