From April 2018 Halton Housing will be changing the activation process for customers applying to live in our homes via Property Pool Plus.
The changes to the Property Pool Plus account activation process are listed below:
- Once you have registered for Property Pool Plus, your account will be activated automatically based on the information you have provided online. You will be able to bid, but you must ensure your information is correct.
- You will be contacted via your PPP online message facility to confirm your activation (please allow 28 working days).
- Landlord references will be requested upon activation of your application.
- Proofs and verification checks on your application will take place if you receive a provisional offer of accommodation following your bid.
- A list of proofs required is available on the Property Pool website under, click here to see this list . You must have the correct proofs ready when you bid.
- When you are being considered for a property and/or a provisional offer has been made, you will have 48 hours to provide the proofs requested of you to the Registered Provider of the property. If they are not received within the allotted time, the offer will be withdrawn.
- Should you be placed in a Priority Banding you will be required to provide proof of your circumstances.
- For those with medical needs, if you have identified on your application that you have a medical condition, which may impact the type of property you need, you may be requested to provide additional details. This could be requested from: your doctor, Occupational Therapist, mental health team, social services, support worker and/or psychiatrist.
Halton Housing manage this service on behalf of registered providers in Halton.
Need some assistance?
As from 4th March 2019, Property Pool Plus/Halton Housing will no longer be carrying out a weekly drop in service at Widnes/Runcorn Halton Direct Link.
If you are a Halton resident and have a Property Pool Plus enquiry, please get in touch with a member of our Housing Options team via either phone or email.
Telephone – 0151 510 5222
Email – email@example.com
If you already have a Halton Property Pool Plus account, you can utilise the client messaging service to send any enquiry.
Please don’t forget to look at ALL the advertised properties on PPP including AVAILABLE NOW properties to increase your chances of obtaining a property.
Find out more about applying to live in Halton Housing property by visiting our Find a Home page.
To view some of Halton Housing’s featured available properties visit our Recently Added Properties page.
Halton Housing internal transfer policy?
You may see on some of our property ads the words ‘customers bidding on like for like properties may be skipped as per our 2017 internal transfer policy’. Halton’s internal transfer policy relates to customers who are bidding on properties which are similar in size and layout despite them having a Halton Housing property which currently suits their needs. If we deem a customer to be suitably housed this means you live in a house which has the right number of rooms for your family size, and meets any access or mobility requirements you may have.
Current Halton Housing customers who are bidding on a property which is similar in size and layout to their current home, which suitably meets their needs may be skipped as they are deemed to be suitably housed. The reason this policy has been created is to make applying for high demand properties fairer and easier for those who need them.