Want to know who can apply to live in a Halton Housing home? Anyone over 16 years old can apply to go on our housing register. Please note that we only re-house under 18’s in exceptional circumstances. Entry onto the list is not automatic and certain conditions apply.
Please note that in considering your application we will consider any tenancies you have held over the past five years.
How to apply for a home
To live in a Halton Housing home you will need to apply for an available home via Property Pool Plus. If you have never used Property Pool Plus before, you will need to set up an account, which you can do by clicking here.
It’s important that you have everything you need to register for a Property Pool Plus account before you start this process. The Property Pool Plus webpage will time out after 15 minutes on this page.
To register you will need the following information to hand:
- Full names and dates of birth of everyone to be included in your registration for rehousing,
- National Insurance Number for all adults who are to be rehoused with you,
- 5 year address history for all adults who are to be rehoused with you,
- If you rent your current accommodation, your landlords name address and contact details,
- Nationality, ethnic origin and immigration status of everyone who is to be rehoused with you,
- Equalities monitoring information including ethnic origin, religion, sexuality, disability for anyone who is to be rehoused with you,
- Details of any unspent criminal convictions and contact details of Probation Office (if applicable), for anyone who is to be rehoused with you
- Details of any Armed Forces Service including dates of service, for anyone who is to be rehoused with you
- You will also need a pen and paper or other means of noting your login reference number, as this will be issued to you during the application process.
Starting the application process
To apply to live in one of our homes, you must have an active Property Pool Plus account. After you have submitted your application you may be asked to provide supporting documentation which will enable your application to be assessed and activated. Please return any supporting documentation that is requested of you from a member of Halton Housing staff as soon as you can. Further details about acceptable documentation will be provided at the end of the application process.
Once you have successfully activated your Property Pool Plus account you will be told what your Band is. You are ‘banded’ due to your circumstances, and how high a priority your housing needs are. In order to place successful bids, we recommend you do not apply for properties where you do not meet the listed eligibility criteria listed on the Property Pool Plus advert.
You will also be provided with login details for your Property Pool Plus account, your login reference and a memorable date. Please note down the login details for your account to avoid forgetting them and being locked out of your account.
If you do find yourself locked out of your Property Pool Plus account, get in touch with a member of our customer services team.
Finding your home
Once you’ve successfully set up your Property Pool Plus account and have had your band given to you, you’re ready to start browsing. Once you find a property which fits your needs you can bid on this property. It is advisable that you only bid on properties which fit your housing needs as you can only bid on three properties per weekly cycle.