When we use your data for the purposes described above, this may include sharing your data with third parties. We will only share your data where we have a legal obligation to do so, where it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or it is in our legitimate interests.
The third parties we may share your data with include contractors, suppliers and service providers acting on our behalf to provide services to you. We may also share data with bodies such as the local authority, police, fire service, DWP and utility companies.
We may sometimes be required by law to share information with enforcement or other statutory agencies, for the purposes of for example:
Experian Rental Exchange
- Crime prevention or detection or matters of national security
- Taxation/fraud reasons (including housing fraud)
We have teamed up with Experian to take part in The Rental Exchange. The Rental Exchange is a way to strengthen your credit report without you needing to take on new credit. The scheme enables us to share details about the rent you pay with Experian on a monthly basis. This is then included in your credit report, meaning you will then be recognised for paying your rent on time.
There is a legitimate interest in the sharing of data into Rental Exchange for these purposes, which forms our legal ground for the sharing of this data into the Rental Exchange.
Your track record as a tenant will enable Experian to use the information supplied to them to assist other landlords and organisations to:
- assess and manage any new tenancy agreements you may enter into;
- assess your financial standing to provide you with suitable products and services;
- manage any accounts that you may already hold, for example reviewing suitable products or adjusting your product in light of your current circumstances;
- contact you in relation to any accounts you may have and recovering debts that you may owe;
- verifying your identity, age and address, to help other organisations make decisions about the services they offer;
- help to prevent crime, fraud and money laundering;
- screen marketing offers to make sure they are appropriate to your circumstances;
- for Experian to undertake statistical analysis, analytics and profiling,
- and for Experian to conduct system and product testing and database processing activities, such as data loading, data matching and data linkage.
If you would like to see more information on these, and to understand how the credit reference agencies each use and share rental data as bureau data (including the legitimate interests each pursues) this information is provided in this link: www.experian.co.uk/crain
(Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (CRAIN)). (For a paper copy, please get in touch with us or with Experian).
We also collect data using a third party, Google Analytics on our website users. The kind of information we collect about website users includes:
· How they found our website
· Devices and browser details website is accessed on
· Demographic figures – age and gender of website user
· How users navigate through and use our website
This information is made available to us using analytics cookies and is totally anonymised. In other words, we can’t identify any individuals but we can see how customers use our website.
· Help us identify how you use our website
· Provide us with information on how we can improve our website and online services for you
· Help us record your user preference
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files which are stored on your device when you visit a website and are used as identifiers. The data collected by cookies help us understand how you use our website and online services, so we can continue to improve our offering. Cookies can also be used to identify you every time you visit a website.
How can you opt out?
If you would like to block cookies and stop sites from storing cookies on your devices, there are a number of ways you can do this depending on what browser you’re using. The following website offers advice on how you can disable cookies: https://cookies.insites.com/disable-cookies/
Please be aware blocking cookies may affect pages you are able to view and your user experience when using some websites.